This is Charlie Lane, a talented snowboarder who embarks on a full-time programme training in the Swiss and Austrian Alps each winter season, he prepares and practices his snowboarding for top Junior European and World events in both freestyle and Freeeride.
À la Fondation, nous sommes très heureux que Charlie fasse partie de notre équipe et nous sommes ravis de soutenir son potentiel et de lui donner l'opportunité d'atteindre le plus haut niveau.
WHAT’S YOUR ULTIMATE CAREER AMBITION CHARLIE?
I just enjoy all types of snowboarding, whether it is in the park for freestyle and tricks, powder riding and Freeride. I just love being on my snowboard. I would love one day to be in the X Games or the Winter Olympics, I will keep trying, but having fun snowboarding is all I want to do.
PARLE-NOUS DE TA CARRIÈRE DE SNOWBOARDEUSE JUSQU'À AUJOURD'HUI...
Since the Pandemic, my competitions have been limited for Freestyle but this year I won the Vans Groms Open, and Tour Stop 1 of the Valley Rally In Austria. In 2022 winter with Tony Soutter, entered two Junior Freeride Tour events in Chamonix and Nendaz (Swiss), I came second in my first ever Freeride Competition. We had such a good weekend with Tony helping me. I loved the chance to try something new.
- 2022 Second in the World Rookie Tour Finals (Freestyle) in Kaprun Austria, Groms
- 2022 Junior Freeride Tour 2nd 2* U18s Chamonix, 7th 3* U18s Nendaz
- 2020 Won Junior Games in Canada Freestyle.
- 2019 and 2018 crowned Valley Rally, King of the Mountain Tour (Supergrom)
- 2019 Overall 2ndQ Parks Tour – Slopestyle (U15s)
- 2018 and 2019 overall 2ndin SBX German Boardercross Series 2019
- Overall ranked 8thWorld Rookie Tour (Groms)
- Vainqueur 2018 des Masters autrichiens et allemands en slopestyle (Super grom)
QUELS SONT TES OBJECTIFS POUR LES 12 PROCHAINS MOIS ?
Working really hard on my next level of tricks, staying fit with a lot of gym work. Explore the freeride aspect of snowboarding with more backcountry and powder riding, and I would love the chance to try split boarding to go even deeper and further off-piste.
SI TU N'ÉTAIS PAS SNOWBOARDEUSE PROFESSIONNELLE, QUE FERAIS-TU ?
Spend more time fishing, mountain biking, riding my motocross bike, I would love the chance to race, play some golf and trying new sports, Kitesurfing is one I am keen to learn.